Monday, October 27, 2008

Oh so close


I ventured down to Austin this weekend with my nephew Daniel ('sup sweet babes?) to make an appearance at the OSU vs Texas game. It was a great game. I would have been pleased if we had stayed within 14 points. Losing by just 4 points was more than I expected. Unfortunately it leads to Monday morning quarterbacking and endless what ifs.

You have to play perfect football to beat this Texas team. We were almost perfect, but not perfect enough. A fumble and a stupid personal foul cost us the game. If we win out the rest of the schedule, a big if with OU and Tech in front of us, we should finish in the  top 5. Gundy (I'm 40, I'm a man)  will have several years of job security. 

It looks like we finally have this football program headed on the right track. Thanks, T Boone!

My comments on Austin - fun town, nice campus and a very big stadium.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home